Here are the details of an adventure I’d like to embark on:
- Sell most of our stuff.
- Sell our house.
- Rent a UHaul trailer and hook it up to the back of our 12 passenger van.
- Rent a furnished house in the mountains of West Virginia for 3 or 4 months.
- Work from there. Homeschool from there. Live there.
- Then rent a furnished house in another state for 3 or 4 months.
- Repeat for about 2 or 3 years.
- Proposed places: Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, the U.P, Colorado, the Great Woods of New Hampshire, Oregon, California, Maine, and Florida.
- Come back home.
Why do it?
- It’s a family adventure.
- Choose experiences over ‘stuff’.
- We live during a time that allows us to work from most anywhere with an internet connection. Why wait until we’re 65 to travel?
- How will it affect our relationships? Don’t think we’ll know the answer to this one until we do the experiment.
- Health insurance concerns?